This week in the Survivalist Prepper Podcast I had the pleasure of talking with Dan from 3VGear.com about their product line of bug out bags. When you think about bug out bags or everyday carry bags, there are probably a few names that come to mind before you think about 3V Gear. This might even be the first time some of you have heard about them.
3V Gear gets its name from the phrase “Veni, Vidi Vici,” which is Latin for “I came, I saw, I conquered”. As you continue reading you will find out why them being a smaller company is a good thing. With some of the bigger companies you are paying for the name, and to them you’re just a credit card number. At 3VGear you can get a high quality bag at around half the price… and get treated like a real life human being.
When it comes to prepping supplies, bug out bags are right at the top of everyone’s list. With so many different types to choose from, it can be a tough choice to make. You have hiking backpacks, Military style backpacks, low cost back packs and cheap backpacks. Along with that, other things that need to be considered are: price, space, compartments, comfort and durability. These all play a big role when picking your bug out bag.
Anyone who has put together a bug out bag knows that it can get pretty expensive when you start putting together all the pieces. While the quality of a bug out bag should be a huge consideration, if you can’t afford all the supplies you need in it, you’re not really prepared at all.
SPP190 3VGear Bug Out Bag’s Interview and Giveaway
Here are a few of the topics I talked about with Dan this week. To get a real understanding about what a good product these bug out bags are, make sure and listen. We are also going to be giving away 2 of these bug out bags. Dan is sending me the Paratus 3 Operators Pack (Latin for prepared) to review and give away to our YouTube subscribers.
And along with the other prizes we are giving away in this month’s Survivalist Prepper Contest, Dan is donating one of his Velox II Tactical Assault Packs.
Like I said, the folks at 3V Gear value their customers, and will treat you like a real person. If you have any questions that weren’t answered in the show just send them an email, or give them a call by using the phone number at the top of their website.
From the Show…
- With all the other companies out there selling bug out bags, Dan explained what sets 3V Gear apart from them, and what has kept them in business for over 5 years.
- We talked about how these bags are for people just getting into prepping, as well as people who have been doing this for a while.
- Space, comfort, and durability all play a big role when picking a bug out bag. We talked about some of the features of the different bags and how they apply to bugging out.
- Which is better, a smaller bag (so I can’t pack it with 100lbs) or a larger bag where I have more options? We went over the features of each bag, and which bag would be good for which situation.
- I asked Dan what type and size of bag would you recommend for an EDC, and what bag was his favorite.
- Physical fitness plays a big role when you are thinking about a bug out scenario. We talked about how to increase your fitness level, and determining the type of bag that works for you.
- I also asked Dan what he carries. At one point or another he has used all these bags for different reasons.
- We talked about the Paratus 3 Day Operators Pack (which I think might be your most popular with preppers) and the giveaway I will be doing on YouTube.
The Survivalist Prepper Giveaway
Along with the Velox II Dan is giving away, we are also going to add a few more items to this month’s giveaway. Here is a list of the other prizes, and you can enter the contest here.
- 3VGear Velox II
- 2 Blaze Charcoal Brick Packs
- 2 MicroFire SOG
- 2 AquaTabs
- 2 BOB FAK
- Sara’s New Book