If you aren’t sure who Jim is here is a little info about him. Jim is the content director at Survival Weekly and has also written 5 preparedness Books including…
- PREPPERS LONGTERM SURVIVAL GUIDE
- COUNTDOWN TO PREPAREDNESS
- THE PREPPERS COMPLETE BOOK OF DISASTER READINESS
- PREPPERS HOME DEFENSE
And also Urban Emergency Survival Plan which we are going to talk a little bit about today as well as a freelance writer. He has written for Boy’s Life and Complete Survivalist Magazine. Jim has also been involved in preparedness for over 30 years now and is a licensed private investigator and has worked in the security and investigative fields for over twenty years.
Some things we discussed…
- Most of us know that the power grid is basically a temporary grid that has been pieced together over time, we talked about how vulnerable we are.
- What we can do about it.
- How to start out prepping and what you should be thinking about.
- Personal and home security: Some ideas for now as well as in any a disaster scenario.
- Most SHTF Scenarios are not complete breakdowns and the every man for himself mentality is not feasible.
- We still need to follow the law, like it or not, and we need to think realistically.
- We talked about when bugging out becomes a viable option and when we should just stay put.
- We discussed if tools like lock picking are realistic and how ethics will play a role in a disaster situation.
Jim has also been working with Panteao Productions on the new video series they are putting together called Make Ready To Survive. Panteao is known for their tactical videos and firearms, but they have decided to add a survival series and cater to us…the Prepper/Survivalist.
I will have Fernando on the show next week, but today Jim gave us some pretty good incites about Panteao.
New to Prepping and Wholesale Prices…
I mentioned in the beginning of the podcast about a video we did that will help save time and money if you are just getting into preparedness. Have a look at that video here.
I also mentioned that I did a video showing members of the Survivalist Prepper Academy how purchasing wholesale survival supplies works.
Here is that video…
Leave Us A Review On iTunes:
Reviews are always appreciated and I will be reading the reviews on the show along with shout outs for sharing great comments and emails. Head over to iTunes and leave us a review and help us grow.