Today I had the pleasure of talking to Paul Munson the President of Sun Oven International and what a great show it was. The sun oven has been on my wishlist for some time now, but I honestly didn’t even know how great it really is.
On a side note, this show was really hard to record because I kept wanting to eat haha.
The sun oven can cook just about anything and because of it’s even heat cooking (solar heat) your food will retain the moisture. This is perfect for me because I tend to “over cook” things sometimes.
There are many iterations of the Sun Oven from DIY projects to Chinese knock offs, Paul and I talked about what makes the real Sun Oven so much better.
If you are on the fence about purchasing a Sun Oven you definitely want to listen to this show, I asked just about everything I could think of.
Listener Coupon Offer
Paul was great enough to set up a coupon for listeners of the Survivalist Prepper podcast too. You can use this link to get your special discount.
The one thing we didn’t get a chance to cover very much was water purification, it honestly didn’t even cross my mind. Have a look at this video and see how it’s done.
Some Questions I Asked…
- What can be cooked in a SUN OVEN?
- What is the cooking temperature range?
- Will food prepared in a SUN OVEN taste the same?
- Are there any concerns about young children getting burned if they touch a SUN OVEN?
- What makes SUN OVENS unique when making hard boiled eggs?
- What are the dimensions of the SUN OVEN?
- How long will a SUN OVEN last?
- Does a SUN OVEN require special pots and pans?
- Can more than one thing be cooked at the same time?
- Does food need to be stirred?
- Will food brown when cooked in a SUN OVEN?
- How do you focus a SUN OVEN and how often?
- And a whole lot more.
Leave Us A Review On iTunes:
Reviews are always appreciated and I will be reading the reviews on the show along with shout outs for sharing great comments and emails. Head over to iTunes and leave us a review and help us grow.
Back To All Podcast Episodes
The Prepping Crash Course