The Way Preppers Think
The truth is everyone is a prepper, whether they like to admit it or not. Anyone who has car insurance, homeowners insurance or has bought a little extra food at the grocery store because of an upcoming snow storm is preparing, and therefore are preppers. Most people will not want to admit this, but in some form or another, everyone is a prepper. We as preppers just choose to see the big picture rather than just preparing for tomorrow. Our prepping is insurance for when something so bad happens that no insurance company can bail us out, we are essentially our own insurance company.
As they say “Don’t take life too seriously, you’ll never get out alive” So with that in mind I took a light-hearted look at some of things that we might do on a daily basis that the “normal” (and I use that word loosely) person would not even have a clue about. And as Jeff Foxworthy would say.
You Might Be a Prepper If…
1. Your Christmas stockings are stuffed with ammo, batteries and MRE’s. And on top of that, your stockings are not stockings at all…they’re fanny packs.
2. You see the Shriner’s at a parade and think to yourself…Hmmm? Is this just the Freemasons trying to distract us from the real threat, the Illuminati? And what’s up with the little cars?
3. You look at every animal you see and say “I wonder what that would taste like?” You have even looked at your family pet and thought “hmm, How bad would it have to get before…?” and then you subconsciously feed them a little extra. Don’t lie, you’ve thought about it.
4. All of the clerk’s at Sams Club and Costco know you by name, and asks you “how many carts will you be needing today? and you say “one for toilet paper, one for canned foods and one more for whatever I see on sale.”
5. You have more toilet paper stockpiled in you home than your local drug store has on their shelves.
6. You secretly want the power to go out so you can test your new generator and rotate your stock of batteries.
7. You look at every empty nook and cranny in your home as “wasted space” This includes the inside of your walls and doors.
8. You can’t even go for a walk without looking for bug out routes and good places to hide your cache. As you walk by your neighbor and say “hello” you mumble under your breath “you are so hosed”
9. You always say “what else can I use that for?” before you throw something out. As a result your backyard looks like a junkyard.
10. You don’t like to pull weeds because it’s like throwing away food. And as you bring a bushel of dandelions to the kitchen your kids give you “that look.”
I Love Being A Prepper
Being a prepper and self reliant really gives us a unique perspective on everything around us. We are fortunate enough to see the big picture when it comes to preparing our family and ourselves, to hopefully withstand any sort of catastrophic event or natural disaster. I’m not the tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, but I have to admit, every once in a while I feel like one, and I’m willing to bet, you have your moments too.
Do you have any funny reasons you might be a prepper? We would love to hear them. Leave us a comment below.