Over the last few months I’ve received some emails and comments asking if I would do a detailed video (at the end of this post) of my bug out bag supplies.
Because I am in the process of changing out my smaller Maxpedition gear slinger to the larger Yukon Outfitters Alpha pack, I decided to go ahead and give everyone a sneak peak inside.
Keep in mind, everyone’s needs are different, so what you feel are the most critical supplies are, may not be the same supplies I have in my bag.
I have tried to categorize these items in a way that keeps them more organized. For example, Paracord could fall into a few different categories, but I only added it to my “shelter” bug out bag supplies.
My Bug Out bag have evolved over time, and continues to evolve. This list is what I have right now, but might (and probably will) change over time. As I continue to test this Yukon Outfitters bag over the next year or so I will continue to update this post, or write separate reviews.
Total Cost of This Bug Out Bag
The total cost of this bug out bag and supplies was around $800. This might seem like a lot, but keep in mind, my bug out bag has been put together over a few years. Over time everything starts to add up, and come together.
I will also list the individual prices for these item, and I will link to as many of these bug out bag supplies as I can. If you have any questions about these bug out bag supplies you can leave a comment below.
Some of these prices are the estimated price of what’s in my bug out bag, not the total price for each item. For example, I purchased a complete mess kit, but I’m only using 1 pan and the spork.
The Yukon Outfitters Alpha Bug Out Bag Kit is available on Woot.com periodically for around $100 -$150. Because it is so popular, it is sold out quite a bit, you just need to on the lookout for when it becomes available.
Yukon Outfitters Kit Includes…
- “Rainfly” Lightweight Tarp
- LED Flashlight
- Folding Knife
- 100ft 550 Paracord
- Medical/Misc. Supplies Kit
- Hydration Bladder
- (Also comes with a hammock that I am not putting in the bag)
- Sawyer Mini Water Filter ($20)
- 2Ltr Platypus water bladder ($10)
- Hydration Bladder Included with Bag
- Berkey Sport Water Bottle ($16)
- MicroPur Water Purification Tabs ($5) (Included in Kit)
- 2 Tac-Bar Rations ($15) (Complete kit is $69)
- Stolevar Mess Kit (Only 1 Pan from kit and Spork) ($5)
- Multi Vitamins
- Instant Coffee
- Mountain House Meals (2)
- Credit Card Size Fresnel Lens ($2)
- Altoids Tin for Char Cloth ($1)
- Tac-Bar Survival Tin ($5) (Included in Kit)
- Magnesium Bar Fire Starter ($6)
- Ferro Rod (2) ($6)
- UCO Storm Proof Matches ($7)
- 2 Bic Lighters ($2)
- Paracord Survival Bracelet (with Striker) ($10)
- Beofeng UV-5R Ham Radio (With Battery Pack) ($30)
- Horizon Tec NOAA Radio/Charger ($36)
- UZI Tactical Pen ($20)
- Waterproof Notebook ($6)
- XTar VC4 Battery Charger ($25)
- Bell Howell flashlight ($20)
- Assorted Batteries ($15)
- Goal Zero Nomad 7 Solar Charger ($50)
- 50ft Titan Survivorcord ($10)
- 100ft 550 Paracord (included with bag)
- Rothco Rain Poncho ($14)
- Mechanix M-Pact Gloves ($30)
- Survival Bandana ($10)
- Regular Bandana ($5)
- CAPSS Perimeter Camp Alarm ($30)
- RZ Mask with Filters ($30)
- “Rain fly” Tarp (included with bag)
- Wool Socks & Boxers ($5)
- Bug Out Bag First Aid Kit ($34)
- Yukon Outfitters Med Kit (included with bag)
- Moleskin ($4)
- Kerlix Gauze & Regular Gauze Rolls ($8)
- Chap Stick ($2)
- CAT Tourniquet ($4)
Wet Ones (Antibacterial Wet Wipes) ($1)
- Suunto Baseplates Compass ($40)
- Misc. Maps of Area (In water proof bag) ($5)
- Rat 5 Fixed Blade Knife ($75)
- Yukon Outfitters folding Knife (included with bag)
- Gerber Multi Tool ($26)
- 2 High Strength Carabiners ($20)
- 3 Regular Carabiners ($5)
- Credit Card Knife ($1)
- Rubber bands
- Safety Pins
- Super Glue ($4)
- Contractors Yard Bag ($1)
I also converted this article into a PDF for you to download and refer to in the future. Click the PDF image to download this file.