In any post collapse or SHTF situation there are going to be many things we are going to have to give up, and this does not just include common addictions like caffeine, alcohol or other drugs, this includes some of the modern conveniences we take for granted today.
Lisa and I talked about some of these today in the show as well as what we plan on doing for the 100th episode of the Survivalist Prepper podcast. We can’t say thank you enough to everyone who has helped us get this far, but we can give a few things away! Read more about the giveaway at the end of these show notes.
When it comes to life after a collapse or even just another great depression there are some major changes in our lives, if we can make some of these changes now the shock might not be so bad later on. We talked about…
- Addictions: When the SHTF it doesn’t matter if your hooked on heroin or need a cup of coffee, your probably not going to get it.
- Entertainment: Everything from the internet to the video games could all be gone, and if you have children you know that when they have nothing to do, they are going to let you know about it.
- The little things: Just like the old saying “you don’t now what you got till it’s gone” these can compound an already stressful situation. For some reason toilet paper comes to mind.
- Convenience: the daily conveniences we have like washing machine, the refrigerator, a microwave, power tools and even ice will all be gone if we have don’t take measures now.
- Work: It sounds a little crazy, but when their are no jobs to be had people will with they still had one.
- Piece of mind: Getting a full nights sleep might become a thing of the past, just doing simple tasks like barbecueing could put you in danger.
- Everyday Items: Eventually everything will run out, we always think about ammo, but what about toothpaste, soap, shoes, and again…toilet paper.
Episode 100 Contest
Here is a list of what we are giving away next Thursday during the 100th podcast, to read all the rules about the giveaway and how to enter [click here to Enter]
- Crossbow Pistol
- Bug Out Bag First Aid Kit
- Schrade Knife
- A to Z Books are For Everyone Next Thursday
- Grab bags (2)
- SAS Survival Guide
- And possibly more!
The Bug Out Bag Firstaid Kit
New to Prepping?
If you are just beginning your preparedness journey you will find this video very helpful. Along with this video we will be sending you some email’s over the next few weeks that will give you some tips and resources to make life a little easier. Click here to watch the video.
The Preparedness Myth…
The preparedness Myth video series will also help even if you have been doing this for a while. It will give you tips about saving money, organization as well as a few bonuses along the way. Click here to watch the video.
Leave Us A Review On iTunes:
Reviews are always appreciated and I will be reading the reviews on the show along with shout outs for sharing great comments and emails. Head over to iTunes and leave us a review and help us grow.
Back To All Podcast Episodes